Follow Button

About/Contact/Resources/Portfolio

Sidebar Menu

bio
contact
resources
categories

book reviews
diary
poetry & prose
gravity (wip)

follow on blogger


Monday, 17 November 2014

0 So gentle and blue

The waves rose to greet me like old friends did, 
and I was more than willing to say hello back. 
There I stood, swaying slightly on my two feet. 
Waiting for something, for someone. 

A voice, a lightning. Anything
The water lapped at my calves, eager like a dog. 
Another step forward, eyes shutting close 
despite the gentle blue oblivion before me. 
Waiting, again. Anything.

One by one, they began 
to rise from the water.
And none, I saw, bore my face.
A wail slipped through the cracks.
A step back ... then another, tentative.
The waves hissed, angry.
Behind me, life was waiting.

Leave a reply